Σάββατο 21 Ιουλίου 2007

Stereophonics at the ICA London ~ A Perfect Friday Night Out



5:30 Work's over, my adrenaline's pumping - I am too excited for words. On the tube off the tube on the tube off the tube ...finally make it to the ICA

6:10 At the ICA - damn need to queue :( Meet some 'phonics fans, talk about their music bla bla ... my anticipation has sky-rocketed, I actually agree to talk to the i-tunes dude (very stylish - very gay - very nice)

07:10 Finally inside! Need some food and some beer ...get a nice veggie dish (pitta bread, baba ghanoush, houmous and tzatziki (note to self - must give chef the proper recipe for tzatziki cause this one is pathetic)

07:30 Support band Little Man Tate on stage. They have potential but they need better music, lead singer's got a cheeky glint in his eye ;) Guy on my far right is well into their music, he knows all the lyrics - Who the fuck are Little Man Tate ???

08:30 Support band finish. Stereophonics crew need to do a sound check, tune the guitars (there are 12 guitars ...how many do they need !!!) God this is taking ages, people are cramming in behind me, the air is getting staler, the heat is rising, finished my second beer, my cheeks must be red I'm feeling a little peaky - WHERE ARE THEY ALREADY!!!

09:15 Suddenly silence and then the lights go down. Everyone's screaming! Any second now THEY will appear! Bright red light ! Loud guitar string strung out! THEY COME ON!
Yes the magic starts! Kelly sounds even better live! The music sounds better live. The vibrations coming up through the ground! Jumping up and down, everyone's hot sweaty and happy. The crowd is insatiable! We want more! More! More!

11:15 After a final encore, the band play us out with Dakota - it's a perfect night!


You made me feel like the one
Made me feel like the one
The one

I don't know where we are going now

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: